Looking for other Daisy Badges? Check out my Resources Page!
No time now? Pin it for later!
Try to find ways to bring a little joy into the world as you earn your light pink Daisy petal!
Rosie Petal – Make the World a Better Place
1. Read Rosie’s Story
2. Come up with ideas on how to make the world a better place
3. Choose an activity to help make the world a better place
There are many ways to do help make the world a better place like drawing pictures for someone at the hospital, watering inside and outside plants, or collecting food and supplies for a homeless shelter.
What are some other ways you can make the world a better place?
Read Rosie’s Story:
How does Rosie show that she wants to make the world a better place?
What do you think would have happened if Rosie didn’t tell the beach patrol about the overflowing garbage cans?
How did the Flower Friends make the world better when they gave other people tips about reducing the amount of trash they have to throw out?
What have you done to make the world a better place? Why do you think it’s important to help nature? Why do you think it’s important to help other people?
Find three pieces of paper that have been used on one side. Flip them over to the blank side and write “Helping Animals” on the first piece, “Helping People” on the second piece, and “Helping our Planet” on the third. Decorate your posters with photos from magazines or using other craft supplies. Make sure you remember to only include items that match the theme of each poster.
Are any of the ideas from your poster things you can do today to help make the world a better place?
For the final activity, choose one thing you can do from the options below, or pick one thing from the posters you made as an activity to complete. Activity 1 can happen anytime, while activities 2 and 3 are geared towards the stay-at-home order currently in place.
- Get ready for a trash walk. Make sure you have a bag to put trash in. If you have a local park, you can walk there, but you can also just walk around your neighborhood. As you enjoy the fresh air, try to count all the things you see that don’t belong in nature. Could you keep count? Look for places where trash is laying on the ground. Pick it up and throw it away! Trash pick up fun patch
- Create a thank you collage in a window facing the street to thank all the workers who are out there keeping stores open, hospitals running, and keeping us safe! Thank you fun patch
- Make cards and drawings to send to a local nursing home. Especially now, residents from nursing homes can’t have visitors. Maybe you can make a card or draw something cheerful to send to them. 🙂 Cards to Seniors fun patch
(If you have other great ideas share them with me so I can add them to the list!) Acts of kindness fun patch
Now that you have met Rosie print and color her picture! (optional)
Awesome! We are almost finished with the Girl Scout Law! I will do my best to be honest and fair, friendly and helpful, considerate and caring, courageous and strong, and responsible for what I say and do, and to respect myself and others, respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place…
Just one petal left! See you soon. 🙂
Don’t lose this! Be sure to Pin It! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/118289927702106318
(I do not receive any income from affiliate links posted on this page.)
Don’t miss the latest recipes and posts! Subscribe below:
Hi, Thank you 😊 this is great for our Girl Scouts to earn their badges. I’m looking for the Leave…
Amy, I think the vinegar and milk combo works great too! I have done that for recipes as well. :)…
This looks super yummy! I’m wondering how blueberries would do, or blackberries. I usually make my buttermilk using vinegar &…
I made these – it worked great!
Maria, I am so glad you caught that! 🙂 Here is a link to my Resources Page (https://designanddesserts.com/resources/daisy-scout-resources/), and I…